War Paint- Yves Saint Laurent

Leave a Comment
 



 I decided that it was time for a new foundation; the MAC one I was using seriously let  my skin down and  has since been relegated to the depths of my makeup bag. That meant I was on the hunt for a new one. Here was my criteria:
 
. It had to be buildable
.It had to be natural looking (not cake-y)
.It had to be suitable for my skin type, which is normal / oily.
 
After an informative consultation session with the lovely lady behind the YSL counter in Fenwick's, I decided to purchase the YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation & the Touche Éclat Blur Primer.
 
 



The primer :
 
.A transparent gel that claims to have 'advanced blur technology'
. Claims to create a flawless complexion.
.Adapt to any skin type
 
My verdict:
 
.I love the texture of this product, I have honestly never felt a face product so smooth. One pumps worth does the trick, and you simply rub it over the face like you would with a moisturiser.
 
.There is an immediate difference. Even without makeup, my skin looks brighter and feels softer. Sometimes I just wear the primer on its own without foundation for days where I want a more natural look.
 
.My normal / oily skin is not a problem. I would even go as far to say that the primer actually helps level out the oiliness that sometimes happens.
 
. The bottle is 30ml, which is music to my ears because lord knows I can't stock up on YSL products every month. (I've  had this primer since the end of March and we are now half way through May....SCORE)




 The Foundation:

My shade is 'BD20'
 
. Coverage? - Exactly what I was looking for. The texture is really lightweight and very easy to blend into the skin. I use a real techniques flat based brush to apply (look at me getting all technical). Because of this, it also means that for day to day I can achieve a really natural look and then if I am going out on the night, I can apply another layer to achieve more coverage... even though I find one layer is often enough!
 
.Suitable for normal / oily skin? - Another tick! Even though sometimes I still apply a little bit of powder over the top, this product definitely helps rather than hinders with pesky shine. 
 
 
 
.Overall? - I am so happy with these products. Separately they are good, but put them together and they are like a superhero sidekick duo, ready to fight skin imperfections and make you look fabolous.
 
 
 
 
*Quick little note to end on*
 
I apologise for the lack of posts recently. A-Levels are once again taking over every waking minute of my life so I have had no time to blog. I am still here though behind the scenes on Instagram and Twitter and stuff so be sure to follow if you want to keep up to date. I hope you can understand and don't mind waiting a bit longer for posts over the next few weeks.
 
In a bit chikas.


 
 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig